Ethique Solid Shampoo & Conditioner

A little while back I received a sample of Ethique solid shampoo and conditioner in a subscription box that I'm subscribed to. Athough it wasn't the right type for my hair it intrigued me enough to try it out. I'd never tried a solid shampoo bar before this and it seemed like a really interesting concept. After using the bars a couple of times I visited the companies website to check out what else they had to offer. 




After reading up about the products I decided 
to purchase some that would work best for me. There was an easy to follow guide explaining which of their products worked for each type of hair. I have rather oily hair especially when it's not washed daily so I picked up St Clements and Wonderbar. What really made this company stand out to me is that all of their products are cruelty free and eco-friendly! Now I don't know about you but those are two major pluses for me! I also received a sample of their chocolate butter block which I believe is a solid body lotion.


St Clements - Solid Shampoo Bar (AUD $22)
This shampoo bar is meant for those with oily hair and can be used without conditioner. It has a very overpowering orange scent which I don't particularly love. Luckily the scent doesn't stay in your hair so it's not really an issue. Yellow in colour, to me it looks like a block of cheese! What's great about this bar is that there is no harsh foaming agents to strip your hair of its natural oils. 





Wonderbar - Solid Conditioner (AUD $25)
This product is creamy white in colour and is scented with coconut oil, vanilla and cocoa butter (yum!). For just 65 grams this bar is a little on the pricey side but it can apparently last up to five months with regular use. 






I've only washed my hair with these products twice so far so I can't give a proper review just yet. In a week or two I'll write an update and let you know my final verdict. Let me know in the comments if you've tried out any solid shampoos before and what you thought of them!

Ethique website for anyone interested; http://ethique.co.nz


2 comments

Back to Top